Healing with Acupuncture
Acupuncture is one of the the oldest, most commonly used medical procedures in the world.It was developed by the observation of relationships in nature. No matter how hard we try to disconnect or remove ourselves from it, we need to remember that we are not apart from nature, we are a part of nature. Each person is unique, and is treated accordingly. This is why acupuncture is so effective.
Like an electrical grid in the walls of a house, the acupuncture meridians traverse our bodies distributing energy (called Qi). This energy preforms many functions that keep us alive. Qi can be effected by so many things, the environment outside of us (the macrocosm), as well as the environment inside of us. Inside factors include emotions, how well the organs “play with others” and our inherited traits or genetics. Qi propels blood, body fluids, hormones, neurotransmitters, keeps us warm and gives our organs the energy to do their job. Acupuncture needles are placed at strategic points along the meridians in order to adjust the balance of this energy flow that can get disrupted by factors such as those mentioned.
Many conditions respond very well with acupuncture and Chinese herbal formulas including:
- gastrointestinal and digestive problems
- hepatitis and other liver disorders
- chronic fatigue/adrenal burnout
- mental/emotional problems
- Women’s health: gynecological and hormonal*
- healthy aging/maintaining health*
- support during chemotherapy and radiation*
- end of life/palliative care
- preparation for and recovery from surgery
- and of course, all kinds of pain: nerves, joints, spine, arthritis,
muscles, tendons, ligaments, inflammatory disorders